Monday 20 April 2015

Review: Push (Push #1) by Claire Wallis

21010103Title: Push
Author: Claire Wallis
Series: Push
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, New Adult
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Publication date: May 1st 2014
Pages: 274 (kindle)
Source: received from author





I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against me, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.

I hope the cyclone never stops.

Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It's why she moved far away from home. It's why she's kept no ties with her remaining family. And it's why she's got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past - his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma's walking a dangerous line, but David's pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist...

This is a new adult romance with mature content for readers 17 and up.

Goodreads

Ever since Push was released I have seen many great reviews for it. So I was really excited when I finally got the chance to read this book. I wanted to find out why so many people loved it. The concept sounded really intriguing so that together with the amazing reviews made me positive that I would like this book. However after a couple of chapters I realized that this book wasn't for me at all.

The writing style of the author was good, I have nothing to say about that. And I liked it how she set some of the chapters in the past. It gave me a better idea of what Emma had gone through and how she ended up being the way she was. I liked Emma, yes the girl had some serious problems but she could work them out and get over them in time. Especially with the right people surrounding her. And in some points David was that person for her.

The thing about this book is that there was just too much drama. I could live with how messed up Emma was. But David was a whole other story. His story was too twisted for me, I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. And some of his actions in this book? Just too much for me. He took crazy to a whole new level. The guy was seriously messed up. Then Emma just went along with his craziness. To a certain pint in this book I could understand why. Her past ws messed up as well and that's how her life has always been, besides she didn't know the full extent of David's story. But some alarm bells should have gone off in her head, and I'm sure they went off but she just chose to ignore them.

But the worst of it all was the end of the book. Emma finally realized what David is capable of and she just accepted it all! I couldn't wrap my mind around it, and honestly I don't think I even want to. And if that wasn't bad enough the author ended the book with a major cliffhanger. I don't mind cliffhangers that much this one was a massive cliffhanger...

Overall I didn't really like this book. For my taste it was just too twisted. But I'm not going to tell you not to read it because I know that a lot of people did love this book.


El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!