Tuesday 24 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #55: Top Ten Books From My Teen Years I'd Like To Revisit


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Broke and Bookish. This weeks topic is Top Ten Books From My Teen Years I'd Like To Revisit


True my teen years are only a couple of years ago but all the books I read as a child were in Dutch. And most of them were never published in English. So I thought that it was a bit stupid to post about books no one knows and no one can probably ever read themselves. I'm going to post books that I've read in my early teens and that I wished I could reread for the first time. 




3437
The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon: I had to read this book when I was 15 or 16. I remember that I din't like it at all back then. But I am pretty sure that if I reread the book now that I would appreciate it a lot more.









6339664

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: I loved this book so much when I first read it. After that I read the second book and while I loved it I somehow never managed to finish this series. By now my taste in books have changed somewhat but I'm really curious to find out if I would still like this book as much as I did first.








480173

The Song of Troy by Colleen McCullough: I read this book for a school assignment when I was 16. The whole history of Troy has always fascinated me and this book was really good. I remember that it took me ages to read it. Someday I want to reread it, because I am sure that I missed a lot of details while reading it for the first time.








3

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling: I read part of this book when I was maybe 8 but back then I didn't like it all. Many years later I came across it again, somewhere tucked away on a bookshelf back home. I remember that I was bored that day so I decided to read it. Best choice of my life!







1885

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen: This was the first classic that I've ever read. Ever since then I am in love with books that are written around this time. It still is one of my favorite Jane Austen books. 









18135

Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare: Who doesn't know their story? Somehow their young naive love has always appealed to me. I know that he has written much better plays, but this one just sticks with me no matter what.







37470

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory: This is the first book that I've read by this author. The Tudor dynasty and the whole English history with their kings and queens have always fascinated me. By now I now a lot more about this period so I would love to read this book again to see how close it sticks to reality.







4271

About a Boy by Nick Hornby: I had to read this book for English class in high school. I remember that I liked it but I think that I would love it even more now because my knowledge of English was so limited back then. 








256683

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: I read this book four or five years ago and I wasn't really impressed by it. I couldn't understand why everyone was so in love with this book. Many years later I read her The Infernal Devices in English and I loved that series. So I believe that maybe I didn't like this one as much because I read it in Dutch. That's why I want to reread it in English this time.





41865

Twilight by Stephenie Meyers: I was in love with this book (like so many other teens) when it was first released. This was the book that got me into reading again. Since then I've read many other books and my taste in books have changed. So when I reread it again now I don't love it as much anymore as I used to. That's why I wished that I could reread this book for the first time and see why I loved it so much in the first place.






El

2 comments:

  1. Several of these would have made it onto my list had I not read them as an adult :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My teens are only three years ago, so I'm lucky :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!