Wednesday 10 December 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #75: Vendetta (Blood for Blood #1) by Catherine Doyle


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights books that have not yet been released, but ones that you should pre-order today! This week's book that I am anxiously awaiting is:

Vendetta
by Catherine Doyle

22749550

Blood Will Spill, Hearts Will Break: With a fierce rivalry raging between two warring families, falling in love is the deadliest thing Sophie could do. An epic debut set outside modern-day Chicago.

For Sophie, it feels like another slow, hot summer in Cedar Hill, waitressing at her family's diner and hanging out with her best friend Millie. But then someone moves into the long-abandoned mansion up the block - a family of five Italian brothers, each one hotter than the last.  Unable to resist caramel-eyed Nicoli, Sophie finds herself falling for him - and willfully ignoring the warning signs. Why are Nic's knuckles cut and bruised? Why does he carry an engraved switchblade? And why does his arrogant and infuriating older brother, Luca, refuse to let her see him? As the boys' dark secrets begin to come to light, Sophie is confronted with stinging truths about her own family, too. Suddenly, she's torn between two warring dynasties: the one she's related to and the one she's now in love with. She'll have to choose between loyalty and passion. When she does, blood will spill, hearts will break. Because in this twisted underworld, dishonor can be the difference between life and death. 

Goodreads

Why I Can't Wait

Five Italian brothers. 
An underworld with warring families. 
And forbidden love. 
...
Do I need to say more? 

February 24th 2015

El

4 comments:

  1. This is the first I'm hearing of this one. Sounds like one I need to check out for sure!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this one a couple of weeks ago featured in someones WoW and I knew immediately that I had to read it :)
      Thanks for stopping by Sandy!

      Delete
  2. This is totally right up my alley! Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

    Here's my WoW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you get a chance to read it :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!