Monday 20 October 2014

Author Inteview: Chloe Miles

Today I am having an interview with Chloe Miles, the author of The Faded Trilogy. Now what makes her so special I can hear you think. Well believe it or not. Chloe first published her story on Wattpad before she found a publisher. And earlier this year the third book in the series was released!

Chloe Miles is a twenty-something author, dreamer, shameless chocoholic, and hopeless romantic.
When she's not writing or daydreaming, she loves escaping reality with her favorite playlists, eating too much chocolate, and curling up on her couch in her PJs with a good TV show and a cup of tea.
The Faded Trilogy is her first series.
Goodreads  | Twitter



Q: What inspired you to write The Faded Trilogy?
A: I wanted to write a paranormal romance that was a little different to everything else that's been already been written. I loved the idea of earthbound spirits protecting the town from evil. And, being a hopeless romantic, I loved the idea of eternal undying love, especially between two characters who are so young but whose love is so rare and beyond their years.
It happened to be storming when I was coming up with the idea for the series, so that's the inspiration behind the power over the weather that the characters possess and the unpredictable storms terrorizing the town.

Q: What are your plans for the future now that The Faded Trilogy is finished?
A: I want to dedicate my heart and soul to The Faded Trilogy and ensure its success before I move on to any other writing projects. You never know what may happen in the future in regards to other writing projects, but right now my heart belongs to Savannah and Hunter.

Q: How would you describe The Faded Trilogy in three words?
A: Inspiring, goosebump-inducing, romantic.

Q: Could you tell us three random facts about yourself?
A: 1) I eat way too much chocolate
     2) I was a bit of a nerd at school and came fourth in the district spelling bee
     3) I am completely and utterly hopeless at every form of sport that possibly exists 

Q: Who inspired you to become a writer?
A: Ever since I was a kid, I've always had a vivid imagination and loved creating stories in my head. I'd always wanted to be an author or a scriptwriter, but life seemed to get in the way of those professional aspirations for a while. Then I discovered the world of indie publishing, came up with an idea for a trilogy, and here I am.

Q: You first posted Faded on Wattpad. Do you think platforms such as Wattpad might be useful for authors who want to publish their books in the end?
A: Posting Faded on Wattpad was a wonderful way to get feedback from readers and see how they were connecting wit the storyline and the characters. It didn't necessarily impact on sales, but it gave me a huge push forward in knowing that I was doing something right with my writing.

Q: Which was your favorite book to write? And why?
A: My favorite book to write was Ever After. I don't want to give away the ending, but the ending was something that I knew I wanted right from the very beginning when I first got the idea of the series, so it felt like a really wonderful accomplishment when I finally wrote the ending and saw everything fall into place for the characters. It's something I'm really proud of and something that I think the readers will be happy with.

Q: Are any of the characters inspired on people you know or are they all creation of your mind?
A: Savannah is very much like my teenage self. She is a little shy and reserved and more at home with her nose buried in her textbooks than confronting a room full of her peers... let alone coming fact to face with The Forces and having to protect her entire town! (Thankfully, I never had to contend with the latter.)

Q: Who was you actor/musician crush when you were a teenager?
A: I didn't really have a celebrity crush when I was a teenager, but I have to admit that when I was seven I wanted to marry Zac Hanson.

Q: Anything you want to say to your readers?
A: Love is an emotional feeling. The idea of Savannah and Hunter's love for each other is that the strongest feelings we feel aren't always physically felt but felt wholly and powerfully withing your heart. I believe there is a powerful and inspirational message behind The Faded Trilogy, and I hope that the readers will walk away from this series with a little more hope and love in their hearts.


218575172185753021857722

El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!