Sunday 15 June 2014

Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

17208924Titlle: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Authors: John Green and David Levithan
Genre: Contemporary, YA
Publisher: Penguin 
Publication date: May 10th 2012
Pages: 307 (paperback) 






One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-hearts and the most epic musical ever to grace the high-school stage. 


Will Grayson, Will Grayson is the third book I’ve read by John Green and the first by David Levithan. But I have seen the movie adaption of Nick and Norah’s infinite Playlist and I loved it. So I thought nothing could go wrong with this book. And I was right, I love every second of this book. Both authors are really talented.
I have tried a million times to read a decent review for this book. But everything I write is just me rambling, believe me none of the reviews made sense. So I’m going to do it a bit different than normal, I am just going to sum up in ten points why I loved this book so much.
  1. The combination of Green and Levithan = amazing
  2. Tiny Cooper! This guy was a great character, I am really glad Green invented him!
  3.    All the humor in this book, I can’t remember the last time a book made me smile this hard.
  4. The friendship: a big part (if not all) of this book is about friendship.
  5.  The name similarity of the characters, one of my best friends has the same (first) name as me so I know how some situations can get a little confusing at times.
  6. The message of this book: be yourself, be happy!
  7. The characters: so far it seems like Green always has these underdogs, “social outcasts” as main characters in his books. And that’s one of the things I love most about his books.
  8. The place the two Wills met, the whole situation was just hilarious.
  9.   Love! Romance wasn’t a big part in this book, but it was more the kind of love between friends. Love can change a lot of things in a good way.
  10.   Did I already mention John Green? 

El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!