Wednesday 11 June 2014

Review: Forever (Temptation #3) by Karen Ann Hopkins

Forever (Temptation, #3)Title: Forever
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Series: Temptation 
Genre: contemporary, romance, YA
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Publication date: January 28th 2014
Pages: 336 (paperback)





All I want is my happily-ever-after. 

That's all I've wanted since meeting Noah Miller. 

From the day we met, the world has tried to keep Noah and me from being together, but now that I'm carrying his child, no one will be able to tear us apart. Or so I hope. But Noah and I have made some mistakes along  the way, and the consequences are impacting the people we love. Worse, there's a storm on the horizon, and it's sure to cause serious devastation. 

If we can get through this, we'll finally be Rose and Noah; a family, forever. 

But first we have to survive the road ahead. And happily-ever-after is a long way off. 




Almost two years ago I read the first book in this series, Temptation. Ever since then I couldn’t see how Rose and Noah’s love story possibly could work out. He’s Amish she’s not and Rose is too free spirited to ever be a true Amish girl. But the author managed to give this book a worthy ending, I couldn’t be happier with the ending she provided.

In the first two books the main characters got on my nerves from time to time because they were still so immature at times, especially Rose. But they both grew so much during these series, instead of letting the situation controlling their lives they took the matter into their own hands and made the best out of it. There is not much I can tell about the story without giving major spoilers.

It was nice to have Sam and Sarah too as narrators. It showed how Rose’s and Noah’s relationship affected the ones around them. Both Amish and non-Amish. Additionally Sam’s relationship with Summer and Sarah’s young love with Micah gave the book more depth.

There were a couple of plot twist and events that left me completely speechless. A certain event even brought me too tears, I could never have seen that coming. But in a way I understand that it was necessary for Noah, so that he could get a wakeup call. But I’m not so sure about the ending, it hinted at Justin being involved with an Amish girl and while I loved the Temptation series I can’t see what good it would bring the author to create a story around those two.


Forever was an amazing ending to a lovely series, I loved how well the author developed the characters throughout the series. We literally could see them grow and I will keep Rose and Noah in my mind for a long time for sure. I’m definitely reading future work by her. 


El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!