Tuesday 4 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #22: Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Broke and Bookish. This weeks is:

  1. George R.R. Martin: I follow the Games of Thrones series on TV but I haven't read any of the books yet 
  2. Gayle Forman: All her books seem so good, but I haven't read any of them yet. And I have no idea why not... 
  3. Jennifer E. Smith: Her books look so cute and I heard nothing but great things about them so I should read them. 
  4. Stephanie Perkins: The same as with Jennifer E. Smith...
  5. Lauren Oliver: I let the whole Delirium series pass by without picking it up and I now I don't know if I should read them or not.
  6. Nicholas Sparks: I love the movie adaptations of his books but I haven't read any of the books yet. 
  7. Marie Lu: The same as with Lauren Oliver, I let the whole Legend series pass by without picking it up but I think I'm still going to read this one. 
  8. Jamie McGuire: Her Beautiful Disaster series sounds great and it has been on my TBR for a while so I'm still going to read them. 
  9. Charles Dickens: I love to read the classics but somehow I haven't read a book by him yet. 
  10. Markus Zusak: It looks like everyone has read The Book Thief except for me.
There are probably a lot more authors that could end up on this list. But this ones weere the first I could think of. What's your Top Ten this week? 
 

El


11 comments:

  1. Great list - Game of Throne has been on my TBR for so long, and I have it, but it's so daunting.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I pass them in the store I pick them up but than I decide not to buy them because they are so thick. Next time I should at least buy the first one.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. great list, I've read a few of them myself and would recommend them. Only read Dear John by Nicholas Sparks and the book was so much better than the film so I want to get around to reading the rest of his books too. Also, Game Of Thrones <3. Read the first two but because like you I fallow the show, I find it hard to really get into the books because the show does it such justice and is so true to it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the film of Dear John so if the book is even better than I should really read them. And the Game Of Thrones books are just so thick that I'm afraid to pick them up. And the show is so good that I can't believe that the books are as good.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Trust me, the film has nothing on the book haha. So looking forward to hearing what you think of it. The Game Of Thrones books are amazing, but because the show is like for like I already know whats going to happen, so I will have to read them maybe after the show has finished. You know what I mean?.

      You are welcome :)

      Delete
    3. That will be the first book I am going to buy by him then :D And maybe I'll read the Game of Thrones books in the summer since I have more time to read them then. :)

      Delete
    4. get what you want, having only read Dear John while seeing the film its the only one I can comment on but I never heard anything bad about him haha.

      you should, I plan on reading them this year too :)

      Delete
  3. Good list, I haven't read Nicholas Spark books either but I did only like one of his movies nor have read Charles Dickens, Marie Lu or Jenifer E. Smith. I actually think watching the Game of Thrones tv series will help you to more easily keep track of things if you ever read the books which I do recommend because there's quite a bit of Sansa, Bran's and Arya's story arcs that had to be cut out of the tv series. The Book Thief was a great book but I think Stephanie Perkins is a bit overrated she's a good writer but with Anna and the French Kiss I felt like I read stories like this a hundred times which I wouldn't have minded if I didn't hate the male lead St. Clair so much but maybe her other book is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like most of the movies based on his books but so I want to at least one of his books. And maybe if I read the Games of Thrones series I will be able to stop confusing all the different plot lines 'cause even after all those seasons I still mess up from time to time.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the Book Thief, its been on TBR shelf for a couple months now, you are not alone.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, please check it out. :)
    http://disappearintoreading.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/the-liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read it before I watch the movie so I should read it soon. :)
      And I'm already nominated but thanks! :D

      Delete

I love reading your comments!