Thursday 14 November 2013

Review: Indelible (The Twixt #1) by Dawn Metcalf

Synopsis

12411687Some things are permanent.

Indelible.

And they cannot be changed back.

Joy Malone learns this the night she sees a stranger with all-black eyes across a crowded room—right before the mystery boy tries to cut out her eye. Instead, the wound accidentally marks her as property of Indelible Ink, and this dangerous mistake thrusts Joy into an incomprehensible world—a world of monsters at the window, glowing girls on the doorstep, and a life that will never be the same.

Now, Joy must pretend to be Ink’s chosen one—his helper, his love, his something for the foreseeable future...and failure to be convincing means a painful death for them both. Swept into a world of monsters, illusion, immortal honor and revenge, Joy discovers that sometimes, there are no mistakes.

Somewhere between reality and myth lies…

THE TWIXT


Opinion
After all the mixed reviews I read about this book I was a little hesitant to pick it up. But I’m glad I did read this book, I loved it. True at first I did find it a bit difficult to get into the story since I’m not used to read in the third person and it took me a while to figure out what the Twixt was. But after that the book read like a train.

The concept of the story was very original. I love fantastic creatures, but nowadays a lot of them lack originality. But that wasn’t the case in Indelible. Indelible had a lot of fantastic creatures who were invisible to most people, only Joy was an exception. And the ones I loved the most were Ink and Inq, I know confusing right? They were nothing like I had seen before, it’s impossible to define what they are, they are just them. They were created out of nothing, they created each other and they can mold themselves in any form they want which is kind of nice.
I liked the characters in this book. Joy started off as a person who needs to be saved from every horrible thing that happens to her. But in the end she was the one who helped the others and herself. She began to trust in herself. Ink was a dark, brooding guy and it seemed like he didn’t possess emotions in the beginning but we saw him grow as well throughout the book.  And then of course we got all the other fantastic creatures, some were good some weren’t. But I liked how they were portrayed in this book and  I can’t wait to meet them again in the next book.

So I’m pretty sure that I will like the second book in this series even more than this one, since I’m now used to the author’s writing style and I understand the setting of the books. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys great fantastic books with great twists and turns and captivating characters.
 
ExtraTitle: Indelible
Author: Dawn Metcalf
Series: The Twixt
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy, YA
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication date: July 30th 2013
Pages: 384 (Paperback)
Other books:
  • Invisible (The Twixt #2) (Publication date: April 29th 2014)

El


2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too!! Glad that the mixed reviews didn't scare you away!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved it too! Can't wait to read Invisible.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments!