Monday 26 August 2013

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

 16081272

Synopsis
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?


Opinion
Last year I came across this book and added it immediately to my TBR list, but as so many books I forgot about it. That was until recently when I got the chance to read it through NetGalley. And I’m glad that I’ve finally read it.
The Edge of Never was a very emotional read, it made me laugh and it made me cry, but I loved every single page of this book. When we first meet Camryn her life is quiet a mess, nothing is wrong but that’s just it her life is the same as anyone else’s. And mainstream  is not what Cam expected her life to be. That’s until one night turns her life upside down and she decides to leave everything behind. I liked Cam from the moment I met her, sure she’s lost but she’s determined to liver her life to the fullest. And that’s when she meets Andrew. Andrew was even easier to like than Cam, from the first moment he appears in The Edge of Never he puts a smile to my lips. Unlike Cam, Andrew is a happy guy but he has some demons himself that he tries to run away from. But like Cam he wants to get everything out of his life. Soon enough they become friends along their journey and they get each other like no one else did before. And you can definitely feel the chemistry that crackles between them in the book.
The book started of slow, but it picked up pace when Camryn starts her journey. I was a little surprised when suddenly there were chapters in Andrew’s point of view. But I didn’t mind it in the least, I loved seeing it through his eyes. His view on things is completely different than Cam’s. Even when he doesn’t know her he wants to protect her. The Edge of Never never got boring, the author made sure of it that there were enough twist and turns that kept the story going. Only near the end the story went to fast. Suddenly everything went so fast, even a little too fast. Still I immensely loved this story and I can’t wait to read the next book The Edge of Always.
 
Extra
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Series: The Edge of Never
Genre: NA
Publisher: Createspace
Publication date: November 13th 2012
Pages: 456 (Paperback)
Other books:
  • The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2) (Release date: November 5th 2013)

El


2 comments:

  1. WOWZA- Look at that cover! Emotional reads are some of the best ones for me.
    ~Decadent
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the cover too! And it fits the story well.

      Delete

I love reading your comments!