Monday 15 July 2013

Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock - Judyann McCole + Author Interview

Synopsis
Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A #1)To Whom Ever This May Concern;

I wish I could tell you the contents of this book were purely fictional. That I, Adela Arthur, was just a normal sixteen year old from Portland and that dragons, giants, elves and mermaids were just myths.  I wish these were legends shared from crazy old grandparents to crazy old grandparents around campfires. After all, that is what I used to believe.

I never would have thought they lived on the other side of our mirrors in a world called Cielieu. But they do…

I never would have thought there were humans, better known as Volsin that lived among them with the ability to create light from a single thought.  But there are…

I never would have thought I was one of them… But I am…

I am the last Arthur and I was brought to the human world after a Volsin, filled with greed, began to strip the light from our kind.

The human world was supposed to be a safe haven… but he’s found us and the only way to stop him is to go back to Cielieu and begin training as a student in the Elpida Castle of Light.

Like I said I wish the contents of this book were purely fictional and not my life…

ADELA ARTHUR


- Goodreads

Opinion
*Note: I received this book from the author is exchange for an honest review*

Adela Arthur and the Creator Clock was an amazing read. The first pages were somewhat less, because the real story still had to begin. But once Adela and Hector entered Cielieu everything became magical (literally and figuratively). Most of the book took place in the school Elpida Castle of Light and I just love boarding schools. And this school was just amazing, I can’t find the right words to describe it exactly, just like Adela and Hector I wanted to know everything about in in such a short time period. Cielieu too seemed like a very nice place, so I hope to see more of it during the next book.  So much did  happen in this one book, new friendships were formed, friends were betrayed, loved ones were lost and Adela and her friends went on adventure. So this book didn’t bore me for even a split second. The idea of light that lives within you was also interesting, it looks like magic but it’s something different at the same time. It’s definitely something I would like to know more about.
Adela, Hector and their friends were also easy to love. Adela was a sweet girl that stood up for herself and for her friend. Hector was the book geek who loved to learn new stuff. Jeremy was a bit snobbish at first, but he cares about the ones he loves. He was also somewhat mysterious, and which girl doesn’t love a mysterious boy? Fae seemed at first a bit shy, but she’s a really sweet child and Fallanita was always the happy one. And last but not least headmaster Lord Elderberry, he seemed like a really nice guy.

I can’t wait for the next book in this series comes out, until than I just have to reread it over and over again.
Author interview
How did you come up with the idea of this book and a place like Cielieu?
I came up with the idea of this book because a few girls I babysat for said they wanted to go on adventure like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. It started off as a small adventure for them and ending up into a story about a world behind mirrors.Cielieu…that name took me forever to think of but I tired to think of what would match a world filled with light and some how that came to mind. I wish I had a better story for it.
When did you start writing the book? Did it take long to finish it?
I started it the summer of 2012 and finished it by the winter while I was working on another book. It didn’t take long I think I knew what I wanted to write and I just had to keep up with my mind.
When you started writing your book had you planned it out how was going to end from the beginning or did the plot change while writing it?
No the ending came out of left field to me. It was only when I went back and reread did I notice how I was setting myself up through out the novel. Maybe in the back of my mind I knew but it wasn’t until I was writing the last few chapters did I realize what was going to happen.
If you could write as much books as you wanted in this series how many would you like to write? 
 I’m hoping for 5 books but who knows where the story will take me.
In which group would you like to be if you could chose: the Golden Hives, the Emerald Dens, the Sapphire Falls or the Red Diamonds?
Urg I don’t know! I would say the Golden Hive just because of how the character’s brought them to life.
Which scene in the book was most fun to write?
Jeremy’s Birthday! I thought it was just a cool present for him after everything he had gone through.
Which team: team Jeremy or team Hector?
I love them both! They both have their positives and negatives. So in the battle over Team Jeremy and Team Hector I’m going to stay out of it. 
Did you base any characters on real life people or are they pure imagination?
Yep all the characters are based on people in my life. It’s not 100% but a still.
What is your biggest dream concerning your book Adela Arthur and the Creator’s Clock?
My biggest dream? A fan base? Lol I would love to have a group of people who love my book and want to sit down with me and talk about it.
If you’re book was a movie what would your ideal cast be?
I can’t! Omg I have no idea! I tried to think of who all of them could be and It’s just so hard. I do love hearing other people’s ideal cast so please bring them on.
Is there any music that you liked listening to when you wrote this book and that somehow inspired you?
YES! Florence + the Machine. I swear I listen to her on reply every time I wrote this story. There is just something in her voice that is magical to me.
Did you ever dream of being an author while younger?
No. I didn’t think I could ever write a book nor would people even think to read anything I wrote. Luckily I was wrong!
When will the next book in the serie take place?
The next book, which is Adela Arthur and the Eternal Evergreen, will take place during summer school. The whole gang will be there and we can expect Adela to be running for her life, saving a life, and confronting dealing with a lot of pain.
 Can you give any advice for other people who want to write their own book?
NEVER STOP WRITING! No matter how many bad reviews or how bad you feel that day just don’t ever stop writing. The moment you do you stop being a writer and you slowly kill your dream.
If you could tell all your readers something what would it be? 
Believe in the light. ;)


Extra
Author: Judyann McCole
Publishing date: July 26th 2013
Pages: 344
Links:

El 

 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book... And I loved the interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should check it out when it's published. If you liked Harry Potter and Percy Jackson than there is a big chance that you'll like this one as well :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments!