Saturday 9 March 2013

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion

Short description
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.

Amongst the ruins of an abandoned city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie and she is the opposite of everything he knows - warm and bright and very much alive, she is a blast of colour in a dreary grey landscape. For reasons he can't understand, R chooses to save Julie instead of eating her, and a tense yet strangely tender relationship begins.

This has never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer content with life in the grave. He wants to breathe again, he wants to live, and Julie wants to help him. But their grim, rotting world won't be changed without a fight...


My opinion

Warm Bodies was the first zombie book I’ve ever read. I don’t know why but I always was a bit resistant when it came to zombies. Vampires, werewolf’s, faeries seemed all ok to me, but when I imagined a zombie they were not nice to look at so that’s maybe why it took me so long to read a book about them. And I’m glad I read Warm Bodies, now I like zombies (at least R and his friends). I really liked how R grow from an unfeeling monster to somebody who cares about the people he loves. But I have to admit that I found some part of the books gross especially in the beginning where the author fully described how R was eating brains (but then again I have a weak stomach when it comes to such sort of things). Other than that I really liked the book the characters were well worked out and there wasn’t a dull moment in the book. I also find it intresting to see how the zombies were formed, I never expected it to be that way. Although I liked this book I don’t know if I will read another zombie book again, I still have this weird of them in my head. But when the sequel comes out I’m going to read it.

So I really liked this book and I can’t wait to see the movie.



Extra
Author: Isaac Marion
Publisher: Atria/Emily Bestler Books
Publishing date: June 1st 2010
Pages: 239
Other books:
  • The New Hunger (Warm Bodies #0.5) (Published January 28th 2013)
  • Boarded Window (Warm Bodies #0.6) (Published November 28th 2011)
See you later xx
El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!