Tuesday 10 July 2012

Teaser Tuesday #1 - The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Hi!


I finally found the time to start my blog so here is the first post. Every Tuesday I am going to post a teaser from a book.  And this week the teaser comes from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa



As the minutes stretched, I cast anxious glances at the trees and the forest, expecting the chief or the goblin horde to come bursting through. The lone guard stalked the perimeter of the camp, shooting me an evil look as it walked by and triggering Grimalkin’s vanishing act. Finally, on the eighth or ninth circle, Grimalkin’s voice floated up after the guard had passed.
_____________________________________________________________  ____________________________________________________________



When I opened my eyes again, the night sky had disappeared, replaced by a ceiling of solid ice. I realized we were traveling underground. The air grew even colder as the tunnel opened up into a magnificent ice cavern, glistening with a jagged, alien beauty. Huge icicles dripped from the ceiling, some longer than I was tall and wickedly sharp. It was a tad disturbing passing under those bristling spikes, watching them sparkle like crystal chandeliers, praying they wouldn’t fall.


See you later xx
El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!